First Responder First Aid and CPR is managed by healthcare professionals. Public safety is our priority. We are committed to follow Alberta Health Services, Heart and Stroke, and Occupational Health and Safety guidelines regarding sanitation and disinfection for the health and safety of our staff, and students.
The following strategies are in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Before starting the class, all students must complete the screening questionnaire, which will ask them if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Each student will have their temperature checked to assess for fever.
- Students will maintain 2m of distance at all times during the class.
- Each student will receive their own manikin. Each student is asked to bring their own mask, or purchase a new mask at registration, or at the start of the class.
- There will be no more than 6 people per class, to ensure physical distancing among students.
Please visit the Gallery page to view adjustments to class structure.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLASS IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS:
- Fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case, or is a probable case of COVID-19.
- Been in contact with someone who had an acute respiratory illness within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with someone who had an acute respiratory illness who returned from outside of Canada in the 14 days before becoming sick.
- Exposed to laboratory or biological material known to contain COVID-19.